Learn everything about how to allocate more RAM to Minecraft!
Minecraft is one of the most exciting and most-played games of the new gaming generation. The game is available on almost every platform such as PC, Mac, iOS, or android. It runs smoothly when you have enough space. The best way to play Minecraft is on a PC with a bigger RAM. Any Minecraft player knows that the game requires space and would not run smoothly when space fills up as the game develops. Therefore, if you are a serious gamer that needs smooth running of your Minecraft game, you can opt for the below options that would teach you how to allocate more RAM to Minecraft.
How to allocate more ram to Minecraft server through launchers?
Once, it was a complicated situation when the need to increase RAM was an issue. Now it is easy and quick through launchers that you can use to allocate more RAM to Minecraft. Say goodbye to the days when you had to allocate additional RAM to Minecraft manually. Here is a guide to show you how to allocate more RAM to Minecraft through different methods.
First, you have to check whether you have sufficient RAM in your system. You have to follow the below straightforward steps to see it.
- In the Windows Tool Bar, you will have to go to the Search Bar.
- Search for System information
- Click on System information and confirm the available memory.
Minecraft occupies a minimum of 2GB of your RAM. The specifications of the game call for 4GB. But you can live with 2GB. If you have more than that, you are on the bright side. Once you have confirmed that your system has sufficient RAM, you can go ahead and quench Minecraft’s thirst for some space, using one of the methods below.
Minecraft how to allocate more RAM using the default launcher?
The original launcher of Minecraft has been changing over the years. But by using the launcher, you can still allocate some more RAM to Minecraft. Here is what you can do:
- First, open the Minecraft launcher and select the version you want to play. That is either Java or Bedrock.
- From the tabs on top, select ‘Installation.’ You will be able to see a list of releases dropped down. But if you have not selected a version, you will only be able to see the most recent version.
- You will see three white dots on the right side. You have to click that and press ‘Edit.’
- You will see a screen with some information such as the name of the installation, the version, and some other details. When you scroll down, you will come across JVM arguments.
- The number at the end of JVM Arguments is the amount of RAM that Minecraft is currently using. You can now change it to the amount of more RAM you want to allocate.
- You have to keep in mind that you cannot forget the amount of RAM in your system.
- If you allocate Minecraft the entire available RAM in your system, you have to make sure no other things are running in the background.
- Click ‘Save’ and launch the game, and there you go!
Using the ATLauncher on Minecraft
If you are familiar with MODs and unofficial apps, you will probably find ATLauncher easy. It is even more comfortable than the default launcher. Here is what you do with your ATLauncher:
- Open ATLauncher
- Select ‘Settings’ and then click on ‘Java/ Minecraft.’
- There are many options in this section. But what you need currently is ‘Maximum Memory/ RAM.’
- You can now decide the amount of RAM you need to allocate to your Minecraft.
- Once you have selected the usage amount of RAM, make changes, and re-launch the game.
How to allocate more ram to Minecraft twitch launcher?
There are plenty of MODs in Minecraft. You can allocate more RAM to Minecraft using Twitch launcher as well. Changing the allocation is as easy as the other third-party launchers. But the initial steps are a little different. You can follow the steps below to learn how to allocate more RAM to Minecraft using Twitch.
- Launch Twitch launcher
- Go to ‘Files’ and click on ‘Settings.’
- From Settings, navigate to Minecraft and scroll down to the bottom of the screen.
- You will find ‘Java Settings.’
- Search for ‘Allocated Memory’ and click on the slider.
- It is possible to move the slider left or right to increase or decrease the amount of RAM.
Wrapping up: Learning how to allocate more RAM to Minecraft can make the game perform better!
It is easy to allocate more RAM to your Minecraft game when you have confirmed that you have enough RAM in your system. You can try out one of the above methods and learn how to allocate more RAM to Minecraft and enjoy a better-performing game.